Please read these conditions carefully before using the KidSafe UK Safeguarding website. By using this website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
Customers or visitors to this web site are referred to as “you”.
KidSafe UK Safeguarding are referred to as “us” or “we”.
1. Security & Order Confirmation
Security – Payment Details
We DO NOT store Credit or Debit Card details. This means that nobody can steal your details as we simply do not have them!
We use Stripe as our payment processing partner who use the most secure up to date encrypted SSL (secure socket layer) when transferring transaction details in the checkout process. This means that no information submitted during this process can be examined, used or modified by any unauthorised third parties. Our customers credit card information never hits our servers, it goes from our customers computer/device straight to our payment processing partners servers keeping their information safe.
Our Customers can also Save their Credit & Debit Cards details for faster payment of any future orders (when paying via Stripe), but for security we DO NOT store these Credit or Debit Card details, instead these details are saved on Stripes servers for added security.
You can pay by most major credit and debit cards. Your details will be encrypted to keep them secure.
Security – Customer Personal Details
Our website utilises industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name, address and other critically sensitive information. Information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read in the event someone else intercepts it.
This technology includes the following features:
- Authentication – this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.
- Encryption – this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
- Data Integrity – this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
When you access a website secured by an SSL certificate issued by a trusted Certificate Authority, you will see https:// at the beginning of its URL. Depending on the type of validation a certificate applicant passed prior to the certificate issuance, a browser may also show the connection as secure by displaying a “lock” icon in the address bar.
Contract & Order Confirmation
You can pay by most major credit and debit cards. Your details will be encrypted to keep them secure. When you place your order you will be required to agree to and digitally sign the KidSafe UK Safeguarding contract. Once agreed and signed, your card details will been processed by Stripe. You will then be able to view an onscreen confirmation that your order process is completed and you will also receive an email invoice confirming your order. Additionally, you will also be able to login to your ‘KidSafe UK Safeguarding ’ account to view and check the status of your order.
When you place an order to purchase a product you will receive an automatic e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order, including transaction and order reference numbers. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product, which is accepted by us when we process payment for your order.
When we accept your order, we will send a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail.
Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
If you have incorrectly entered your email address your confirmation and dispatch email will fail. So long as payment has been processed successfully this will in no way affect your order.
Failure by us to send a receipt confirmation email or dispatch confirmation email in no way invalidates your offer or our acceptance of your offer.
2. Post & Packaging
KidSafe UK Safeguarding Training Kit orders will be dispatched by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery within 10 working days of receipt of a signed school contract and payment has been made in full.
Delivery will be made to the address specified in the Order Confirmation.
3. Damage & Tracing Parcels
In the event that your goods are damaged in transit, please contact us within 24 hours of receipt. If you fail to do this, or if goods have been signed for as received in good condition, we may not be able to offer a refund.
If products are not delivered please contact us for details of the tracking and tracing procedure.
If orders are considered by us to be lost in transit after a reasonable period of time has elapsed, we shall at our discretion either refund or resend the order.
When ordering goods from us for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
If a package arrives in a damaged condition, do not open it, but immediately ask the delivery firm to return the package, and please inform us immediately.
4. Contact Details
For delivery, purchase or product queries please contact us using any of the following methods:
KidSafe UK Safeguarding, Office 2G, Unit 2 Tarnwater, Milnthorpe Road, Yealand Conyers, Carnforth, LA5 9RJ
5. Prices & Product Details
Checkout and purchases will be in the default currency of £ Sterling (GBP).
We endeavour to ensure that the information shown on the website is as accurate as possible.
We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors on this site, including but not limited to those regarding price. We reserve the right to make changes to our web site including prices, products and terms & conditions without any notice being given.
All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn from sale at any time.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to help improve and maintain the website. Cookies are not shared with any third parties. This website uses session cookies to count visits to each webpage and generate statistics. This information helps us improve and maintain our website.
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions.
What cookies are used on this Website?
The cookies we use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics please go to: Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites
For more information about cookies and their uses visit All About Cookies.
Controlling and Opting Out of Cookies
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
7. Cancellation & Returns Policy
If a school wishes to cancel their order/contract, the school must inform KidSafe UK Safeguarding within 5 working days.
If resources have been despatched a school must return uncopied all resources. Upon receipt of the returned kit, a full refund will be given.
- If a school wishes to cancel their order/contract, the school must inform KidSafe UK Safeguarding within 5 working days. We reserve the right not to accept goods back after this time period.
- Resources cannot be returned without our authorisation, so please contact us or call us on 01524 805301 before returning any resources to us.
- All resources must be returned unused, uncopied, in perfect condition, and in their original packaging.
- With the returned item please include your name, school name, address and ideally a copy of the invoice along with the reason for return.
- All returns must be sent back to us at our contact address unless otherwise stated – KidSafe UK Safeguarding, Office 2G, Unit 2 Tarnwater, Milnthorpe Road, Yealand Conyers, Carnforth, LA5 9RJ.
- Once your return has been received and checked we will process your refund within 14 days. All refunds are processed through the original method of payment used.
- Postage will not be refunded (with the exception of faulty resources).
- It is your responsibility to get the resources back to us in the condition they arrived, please pack them carefully and make sure the original item packaging is included.
- We cannot accept responsibility for undelivered or damaged returned resources. Any claims for undelivered or returned goods arriving damaged must be made through the courier that you used to despatch the goods to KidSafe UK Safeguarding.
The title for goods supplied remains with us until full payment has been received and the KidSafe UK Safeguarding contract has been agreed to and digitally signed.
9. Privacy Pledge
Kidsafe UK Safeguarding respects your right to privacy and comply with obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2002 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to providing users with an Internet experience that respects your privacy.
When you make a purchase we need to collect certain information to process your transaction and fulfil your order. We do not sell, rent or disseminate this information to any third party for marketing or any other purposes.
We will not disclose your details to anybody unless required by law to do so or unless you explicitly give us authority to do so.
Our website links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
10. Spam Attack
The EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications demands that member states do more to combat spam. The UK law tries to create a system that lets legitimate businesses send direct e-mail to users but attempts to stop the scammers and spammers.
We only send emails to addresses that have been supplied directly to us by customers and we always remove addresses from our address book when requested to do so by those customers.
We never spam.
11. Data Security
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. All the data collected by us is stored on a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
12. Your Account
If you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
13. Access to Our Website
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of our web site as long as the link does not portray us, our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
14. Your Conduct
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You must use the website for lawful purposes only and must not use the website for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
- To send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing;
- In breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right;
- Is otherwise injurious to third parties;
- Which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any “spam”; or any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
All content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, and images belong to us, or our suppliers, and are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
Our graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of KidSafe UK Safeguarding, and may not be used in connection with any product or service without our written authorisation.
17. Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed.
Your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
19. Licence for Website Access
We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent from us.
This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents;
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
21. Statutory Rights
These conditions in no way affect your statutory rights.